Source code development is being done on your local machine using Maven.
Unit and functional testing is performed on your local machine using JUnit. There is no integration testing
concept available yet.
Before you can start, your environment must meet the following prerequisites:
- Installed Maven
- J2SE 1.4.X (and JAVA_HOME pointing to it)
To build the project please use the following:
Valid tags are called rel-x-y-z.
Create Distribution Package
To create a distribution simply lauch:
This goal creates all distribution files.
The results are always written to ./target/distributions.
Checklist for Distribution
Freeze Date is here
- check for version number change in project.xml
- check documentation (changes.xml, HISTORY.txt, README.txt, Release Notes, etc.)
- check maven ttdist for correctness
- check if there are SNAPSHOT dependencies, change them to a released version
- everything is in cvs now?
- create a version tag in cvs, e.g. "rel-1-1-0"
- create the distribution: maven jar:deploy, maven dist:deploy, maven mydist:deploy
To use/edit this project in eclipse do the following:
NOTE: The local maven repository must be referenced using the MAVEN_REPO variable.
This property must me set once for each eclipse installation. (See sample below)
In Eclipse: Windows - Preferences - Java - Build Path - Classpath variables, add a variable:
MAVEN_REPO = your maven repository
On Windows, you set the local maven repository location by saving a file build.properties
in the directory where %USERPROFILE% is pointing at. The content of the file can be as follows: